We’re seeing an Infectious Disease doctor later today and they’re calling the neurologist to see why she doesn’t seem to be making any improvement. They’ve started her on a second antibiotic to see if that helps kick-start the one she’s been on for 6 days. Her fever spiked again early this morning and there is no reason they can find so far to explain why her fever is not gone… usually it takes about 4 days. We’ve contemplated moving her to Children’s b/c I adore that hospital and know so many people there, but ultimately we feel like we might be starting over if we move and with as sick as she is today we don’t feel comfortable moving her. The nurses have been amazing here (besides the one we had last night) and we can’t complain too much. Our pediatrician has said she’ll support whatever decision we make but she is confident they are doing everything they can here.
So here we sit. Or here I sit b/c C’s two buddies took him out to lunch. And Parker is watching yet another movie. An angel had Imo’s delivered for me so I’ve got my Mnt Dew in hand and although exhausted and frustrated I’m feeling good. AND I just got word another Mnt Dew is on the way from my friend Jen! Now we’re talking! With this caffeine in my system I’m finally feeling like myself again! HA!
My friend Trish asked me to ask for specific prayers so here goes…
1. That the doctors can figure out what is causing the fevers and stop them
2. That she will stop sweating (she started sweating last night and is just constantly wet and uncomfortable)
3. That she will start eating and more importantly, drinking again today
4. That C can stay home again tomorrow and not get docked pay
5. That Bailey and Grayson are good for my mom and weather this storm… I’m worried about them almost as much as I am about Parker
Thanks for the prayers and continued support. I’m not sure I can say that enough.