I’ve had lots of people tell me that they’d like to hear more from Kim… I’m going to pretend that it’s not a hit to my blogging ability (HA!)… and we decided that although I am mostly in charge of the blog we think it’d be fun to once a week get a little personal!
So every weekend (at least until we’re slammed on the weekends again!) we’re going to do a post JUST ABOUT US!
And to start we each asked the other person 10 questions…
JODIE ASKING KIM… KIM ANSWERING…
1. How many times a week do you go to the grocery store for your family of NINE?
Not often enough! Which means we get take out way more than we should! And, as of late, with the frigid weather, I’ve sent my dear husband.
2. What is your favorite blog? Who is your favorite blogger?
3. When is the last time you printed a photo of your family for your house?
HA! First, this last year I have been pretty darn horrible about even TAKING photos of my kids (though, I don’t have many willing subjects either!), but it’s definitely something I plan to be better at in 2010. Next, I’m *horrible* at making decisions! I have big plans for a photo wall, even have the wall cleared, but I want to have great images of all 7, and I need to make everything all equal, and well, it’s all just overwhelmed me! So I’d probably say that my last big photo print is the 30×40 gallery wrapped canvas on my mantel 2 years ago! The one Abby cringes at and begs me to replace!
4. Do you toot in front of your husband?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Smoking in public. Especially those that stand in front of doorways we are trying to walk through and have to go through big walls of smoke.
6. What’s the most romantic thing Bill ever did?
The first thing that comes to mind was for my 25th birthday, he planned a whole evening, including buying me a dress and shoes to wear. Dierdorf & Hart’s for dinner and a Rich Mullins concert.
Another top was for our 20th anniversary, going away to a local little German town, touring wineries, and indulging me with a day of antique shopping, even though he hates shopping of all kinds.
He does lots of little romantic things always, and not necessarily the stereo-typical flowers and such. Things like taking the kids out if I need to get work done and need quiet, taking care of the dishes I really should have been able to get to, and doing that #1 question all on his own.
7. If you had to move to another state, where would you go? Why?
Definitely somewhere WARM! I enjoyed living in Southern California for the weather and all the fun places we had so close (beach, mountains, desert), but it comes at a price of high cost of living and family being so far away.
8. Do you collect anything?
Children? 😉 Photography equipment? Not a huge collector!
9. What is your favorite thing to treat yourself to?
Fountain diet coke… but I guess that’s not technically a “treat” when you practically have an IV drip of it connected to you.
May sound trite, but I truly love getting pedicures… nothing like have nice fancy toes!
10. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever given someone?
Sending my mom on a cruise for her 60th birthday (and as a huge thank you for the times she’s kept our kids so we could cruise or get away.
KIM ASKING JODIE… JODIE ANSWERING…
1. If you were invisible, where would you go?
on boys night out… I would love to hear what they say about us!
2. What is the kindest thing someone has done for you?
This is hard b/c I get so many surprises from family, friends and clients! But I will say the first thing that came to mind was when my Jodified client, Sarah, brought over a huge bag of frozen food when Gray was an infant. It was so unexpected and so sweet and helped us so much at that time.
But this list should be a blog post all it’s own b/c the HELP and kindness I get on a daily basis is so undeserved and so so appreciated! (Feel the need to send a BIG shout out to everyone that helped with the kids this week while I was away with my sister and new niece! THANK YOU!)
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I would change how opinionated I can be. I would love to have the ability to just shut my mouth and keep my opinion to myself!
4. What is your favorite TV show or movie of all time (i.e. you’d watch it over and over and can quote lines from)?
My favorite show of all time, that I could watch over and over is Dawson’s Creek and the movie I can quote from is City Slickers!
5. What is the most embarrassing CD/song you’ve owned?
CD: Chicken Soup for the Lovers Soul… bought when I first started dating Chris! HA!
6. What is you favorite item of clothing?
7. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the end of the tube or middle?
From the end and I am SO anal about it Chris now has his own tube b/c he squeezes from the middle and it drives me insane!
8. When was the last time you cried?
Saturday when I talked to the kids and both Bailey and Parker asked me when I was coming home. Missing them coupled with Mommy-guilt is tough!
9. What is your favorite cereal?
Quaker Oat Squares
10. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Nope. Not at all. At least not right now. I am bad about calling people back, I’ve gotten really bad about staying in touch with out of town friends, I can be self absorbed when busy, I can complain a lot, I can talk only about myself sometimes… need I go on?
Wanna know something about one or both of us? Ask and we’ll get to it in the coming weeks!